Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Playing movies from Director

All other topics about Ventuz Director here.
joysprod

Playing movies from Director

Post by joysprod » 18 Mar 2016, 14:46

In a new area here with Director so experiencing a little problem with building a good movie player template. My problem I am having is as follows:-

1)Seeing a white flash in the run-time when transitioning to program. I have tried all sorts of options with a Movie "Seek" on the Begin node but I still get this flash.

2) When retaking the same template to play an additional movie as my next cue, I just cant get the second movie to play

Does anyone have an example scene that show the correct way to set this up?

Regards

Peter

joysprod

Re: Playing movies from Director

Post by joysprod » 19 Mar 2016, 14:56

Ok, so have done further reading and looked at all the examples I can find. I now have the movies playing correctly on a re-take. I have fixed the white flash by blocking the polygon until the movie is correctly loaded.

I am now experiencing the movie suddenly appearing instead of mixing up with alpha sometimes. Is this normal behaviour when using Director and templates and I just have to allow more time between the movie seek and the play when taking a cued scene to program. If so that rather screws up my idea of using it as a fast 'cut' of a video sequence as some show producers require similar to using "Playback Pro'.

How can I delay the outgoing layer while bringing in another dedicated 'video' layer? Although I don't know if that would even help.

Regards

Peter