Director Sample Plug-In Thread

All other topics about Ventuz Director here.

Director Sample Plug-In Thread

Postby Alex Klein » 13 Jan 2015, 11:50

Hi all,

with the extension of the plug-in API in V4.06, I thought it was a good time to publish some "official" sample plug-ins in source code form. While they are not meant for direct use in production (use at own risk), they are based on real-life scenarios and illustrate some of the points on how to provide a good plug-in. Or to put it in other words: here you've got something you can copy and paste from instead of looking it up in the user manual : ) Note: if you want to debug the plug-in, you will have to specify the location of your Director installation and the command line parameter to auto-load the plug-in yourself. You might also have to change the path to the referenced Ventuz assemblies (e.g. Remoting4).

Right now, there is a single plug-in called "Quick Recall". It illustrates how to write a custom window, store data in the show file, cue/take and read the current preview/cue/on-air data. It's based on the suggestion in the Director feature request forum. If anyone else has an interesting idea or wants any particular aspect of plug-in development to be shown in detail, feel free to post it here.

Alex
Attachments
DirectorSamplePlugins_V2.zip
Director Plug-in Sample projects - Version Jan 30, 2015
(20.5 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Alex Klein

Re: Director Sample Plug-In Thread

Postby shermanpat » 13 Jan 2015, 21:13

Thanks for sharing! This gives me a good place to start learning more about plugins.
-Sherman
Meru Interactive
shermanpat

Postby Robert » 26 Jan 2015, 13:22

hallelujah !

R
Robert

Postby Robert » 26 Jan 2015, 13:59

Hi,

It seems that cues are not cleared when we recall a slot including empty channels.

R
Robert

Postby Alex Klein » 27 Jan 2015, 11:51

I've re-uploaded an updated version and attached it to the first post.
Alex Klein

Postby Robert » 29 Jan 2015, 14:53

Alex,

Did you changed something because it doesn't work better ? Did you uploaded the good package?

R
Robert

Postby Alex Klein » 29 Jan 2015, 17:41

Aaaarggg, crap, you are right : ) I had two ZIPs lying on my Desktop and I re-uploaded the old version the last time. The new version is NOW attached to the first post in the thread.
Alex Klein

Postby Robert » 30 Jan 2015, 10:01

No file attached :lol:
Robert

Postby Robert » 06 Feb 2015, 15:21

Alex,

Cueing of a slot with empty channels works now but recalling on-air of empty channels doesn't clear channels.

Recall doesn't work after we saved and re-open the show.

R
Robert

Postby Alex Klein » 06 Feb 2015, 17:31

I believe I wrote it that you have to press shift while recalling so that really clears the channels that have been recorded as empty. I'll check the code at next chance and post and updated version...
Alex Klein

Next

Return to General Discussion