Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Scene Timing in Director

All other topics about Ventuz Director here.
davidkmiller

Scene Timing in Director

Post by davidkmiller » 31 Mar 2014, 22:21

Is there any sort of scene control to speed up or slow down a template animation from within director?

davidkmiller

Re: Scene Timing in Director

Post by davidkmiller » 02 Apr 2014, 00:23

Hey thank for the knowledge!

All of those features sound really great and I am excited to see how Director is evolving as a show control app. We are using Director to control multiple machines and so very happy to see those feature sets expanding!

To me speed control should be a part of the core functionality of the director application. We use it in live event production and one of the most common requested changes from my clients is can you speed that animation up or slow that down. It would be really great to have 2 settings a Default speed (uses the native programming or i can type a custom time that either speeds it up or slows it down.) IT's been a little frustrating at times to have to load designer to reprogram speeds. The issue is compounded by the fact that animation nodes all include speed control up until they are added to the scene data then ALL of a sudden the speed option goes away and I am stuck having to move keyframes and states around on the time line.....not so great when you have lots of edit points and you just want to lengthen a cue in the middle by 1/2 second.

I am sure there are ways that more experienced programmers are working around this to help those types of edits go quicker, but for me I haven't figured it out yet and a few times it's gotten quiet tedious. IT seems like speed control will be a god send and I am eagerly waiting for it to be included in the feature set!

As of yet I have not used the timeline feature. I can see that under certain scenarios it could be very powerful. However for our workflow we have found that the playlist is much more flexible and more aligned with how our show directors call the shows. In my mind animation time should be in column right next to the hold duration in the playlist.

I am hoping to visit the Ventuz booth at NAB this next week and maybe some of you Ventuz Gurus can give me some helpful tips!