Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Multi channel for templates

Post requests for new Director features or report bugs to this forum group. Any suggestion to expand the possibilities of Ventuz Director are welcome.
Robert

Multi channel for templates

Post by Robert » 04 Oct 2013, 23:48

Hi,

I hope that you have in your road map this feature: several independent controllable template layer/channel.
Something to organize the show like this maybe:
1. Background
2. Main graphics
3. Overlay graphics

Robert

Robert

Re: Multi channel for templates

Post by Robert » 07 Oct 2013, 21:04

What do you think about to refer to the scenes folder structure?

R

Robert

Post by Robert » 08 Oct 2013, 22:46

I used director a few time now and I feel that this tool is very fast and intuitive.
I've a lot of ideas about how to display and interact with this multichannel features.
What I like inside this tool is that we can quickly jump to differents reliables previews before cueing the one we need.
The playlist is nice too, I like to be able to skip one cue for another on the fly.
I didn't used the timeline because I don't understand the way you implemented it and in which situation I can use it. Maybe I will need it one day :).
My idea concerning the multi-channel is to have one show control ribbon for each channel on top of each other. Maybe we could click on each ribbon to see the properties of the preloaded template of the channel. Clicking on one ribbon could toggle its state and add It or not to the next "take". We'll need a shortcut to add or not all channel to next "take" maybe the "tabs/toggle" button.
For the playlist I'm not sure but maybe we'll need one column for each channel.

R

Robert

Post by Robert » 09 Oct 2013, 21:59

Ok, I understand that you need more use cases. I can share with you some usual situations.
It is mainly regarding PIP (picture and picture) display.

There is a principle you can find in every systems like Folsom Encore and Vista Spyder. If you "take" a new template with the same content as the program one but positioned differently, these systems will do an interpolation between the two positions. You won't see any "fade out" and "fade in" with the same content even if the content is positioned differently. It's look like a mistake if the fade out/in occur on air. This behavior is automatic.

Another principle is the quick swap between 2 templates. The operator press the "take" button and the template coming from the preview goes to the program and the one coming from the program goes to the preview within a cross transition.

The other automatic mechanism is the relative/absolute management of the content inside the templates. Imagine you have 3 pictures: pa, pb and pc. To the program there are pa and pb, to the preview there are pb and pc. Actually if you do a "take" in Ventuz, pa and pb will fade out and pb and pc will fade in. This is "absolute" change but "relative" change will keep pa and pb and will add pc to the program.

In every situation the operator need to be able to adjust the position of the PIP very fast and the spin editor is not optimal.

Regards,

R

Robert

Post by Robert » 10 Oct 2013, 23:11

Alex,

I found my way with this little template concerning the automatic position interpolation. Used with the multi-channel features I think it will works very well.
pip.jpg
R
Attachments
PIP03.vza
(22.85 KiB) Downloaded 489 times

plkmarudny

Post by plkmarudny » 09 Jun 2014, 09:22

The problem with a data marker and in general the way templates are handled is that animating between two values is not possible, only a hard cut. This is a serious limitation I am afraid. What if I want not just to move a picture like in the scene attached to this thread but also make a transition between both old and new values? A simple fade for example.