Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Expose value: default name

Post requests for new features to this forum group. Any suggestion to expand the possibilities of Ventuz are welcome.

Moderator: Support

lerou

Expose value: default name

Post by lerou » 03 Dec 2015, 11:23

Hi,

when exposing a value for a node that only has one value (like the variables int, float, ..) - it would be awesome if the default exposure name would be taken from the nodes description.

So usually you put in a float node, rename it to "Height". Then you double click to expose the value. You select the name and change it to "Height". Or you're a pro and use copy&paste. However it would be super awesome if you could just click on the expose button and be sure that it uses "Height" as you've already typed that in as the name.

It's just something to reduce cliks but it might also help to convince people to build cleaner scenes ;)

Best,
rou

stephan

Re: Expose value: default name

Post by stephan » 03 Dec 2015, 12:16

welcome feature :D

chriss0212

Post by chriss0212 » 04 Dec 2015, 08:48

i would extend this request....

it would be nice, if you would use user given node name + value name ;)

greetz

chriss

TVM Cracklings

Post by TVM Cracklings » 04 Dec 2015, 09:00

I would think something like the systematic variable path in Houdini would be great, like e.g. (nodeName/tabName/)varName. Kind of a cool idea. Would really help organizing stuff.