Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Rotation of Outputs

Post requests for new features to this forum group. Any suggestion to expand the possibilities of Ventuz are welcome.

Moderator: Support

joysprod

Rotation of Outputs

Post by joysprod » 29 Jan 2015, 17:31

I was wondering if Version 4 will ever support rotation of outputs by 90 degrees?

Going on from that, would it therefore be possible to rotate an output by a certain value? i.e. 32 degrees?

I realise this may not be possible because of the way Ventuz works with Direct X, but was wondering.

Recently pitched for a job where the client loved the realtime of Ventuz, but needs 9 outputs supporting some vertical monitors, some horizontal, and some at an angle. Im still trying to figure out how it could be done in the current V4, if at all.

Apart from the 'realtime' aspect, this is looking more like a Dataton Watchout job. :evil:

Regards

Peter

chriss0212

Re: Rotation of Outputs

Post by chriss0212 » 30 Jan 2015, 22:27

why not using cameras or a rendertarget?

greetz

christian

joysprod

Post by joysprod » 07 Feb 2015, 12:06

Hi Christian,

Yes, quite agree that cameras and rendertargets is the way to go at present. I suppose I was just trying to get an answer on development road map, which I know is difficult for Ventuz without giving too much away. I just find that I am consistently coming up against the old favourite "Watchout" which agencies understand, and can get their head around, especially where complex interactivity is not required.

Peter

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 16 Feb 2015, 11:34

Peter, it is on the roadmap, yes. As to when, we cannot really say. We currently are focused on another large area requiring improvement, so I think it is still a bit off. But we know about it and have always intended to have rotation in the screen layout tool.