Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Validate / Match argument in Event node

Post requests for new features to this forum group. Any suggestion to expand the possibilities of Ventuz are welcome.

Moderator: Support

SamTheSwede

Validate / Match argument in Event node

Post by SamTheSwede » 26 Aug 2014, 20:15

Wouldn't it be a great thing to be able to set a "match argument value" in an event node. If the match argument value matches the incoming argument the event is fired if a new validate switch and the use incoming argument switch is set?

To me it would be very useful, but, maybe someone else has a good solution for this?

// Sam

Daniel Willer

Re: Validate / Match argument in Event node

Post by Daniel Willer » 27 Aug 2014, 09:31

Hey Sam

You can use the Event dispatcher or Multiswitch Node to trigger an event based on the Argument or you write a simple Integar Expression connected to the Shot of an Event node.

Cheers!
Daniel

SamTheSwede

Post by SamTheSwede » 28 Aug 2014, 10:27

Ahh, thanks Daniel!

The best solution seems to be the Event dispatcher, however I would still wish for a Custom model in the Event dispatcher!

The thing is, I have data coming in from another system with event numbers like 401, 512, 611 and numbers like that.... I've worked around using a ENUM node in front of the Event dispatcher, but a custom model would be even nifitier!

// Sam

chriss0212

Post by chriss0212 » 28 Aug 2014, 20:06

can b done easy with a counter...set the end to the argument you like and reset the counter with the event and argument...if the right argument is fired the counter will reach the end and fire end reached...reset the counter one frame later with a zero as event argument ;)

greetz

chritian

SamTheSwede

Post by SamTheSwede » 28 Aug 2014, 20:24

That's a nice workaround, Christian! Thanks for the tip!

:idea: :D

// Sam