Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Media presplit strategy

Post requests for new features to this forum group. Any suggestion to expand the possibilities of Ventuz are welcome.

Moderator: Support

Robert

Media presplit strategy

Post by Robert » 28 Jul 2014, 11:52

Hi,

Playing full resolution movie is performance killer when screens are not aligned. Maybe you could introduce an "output aligned" state near the "screen aligned" one.

A specific folder structure for presplitted movies could be natively supported and recognized in Director too for drag and drop purpose.
media-split1.jpg
media-split2.jpg
media-split3.jpg
Regards,

R

chriss0212

Re: Media presplit strategy

Post by chriss0212 » 28 Jul 2014, 15:02

you could try to use relativ pathes and switch the pass by machine id!?

greetz

christian

Robert

Post by Robert » 28 Jul 2014, 15:40

Thx Chriss,

We usually do that but there's 2 points I would like to adress.

1. It's a recurent task to switch path according Machine IDs to provide the good content. Is that could be automatic and totaly suppoted by Director too ? I mean with an official dedicated node.
2. There is no way to automatically position texture fulfilling the output as in my 3rd screenshot. This is more performant because you need in this case just a 2xHD resolution movie instead of a 3347x1621px one like in my 2nd screenshot.

R

Karol

Post by Karol » 29 Jul 2014, 08:56

Hi Robert!

Thanks for your feedback!
We have this on the road-map but it's currently not decided if we can provide the necessary features/tools still in Ventuz 4 or in Ventuz 5.

Best Regards
Karol