Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Project data control and improvement

Post requests for new features to this forum group. Any suggestion to expand the possibilities of Ventuz are welcome.

Moderator: Support

Robert

Project data control and improvement

Post by Robert » 04 Oct 2013, 23:39

Hi,

First, we need to be able to change project data structure inside of the designer.
Closing the designer to change one property of the project data is time consuming and I don't understand how did you imagine we can use it in real life.
It could be nice to be able to rearrange project data control and be able to customize the controls.
Float value could be displayed as slider if needed...

Auto completion of label is needed in order to speed up the workflow.
For example if I create a value in the project/scene data, most of the time i would like to give the same name to the label as the property name.

It could be very very nice if we could drop node directly to the scene/project data window to autocreate categorized properties according to the node it self. There is no reason to do the job twice: to create well structured container node and to structure project data properties. For example if I drop a slidemanager to the project data windows It could be nice to automatically retrieve inside this windows the structured slide manager properties.

Robert

Ralf Stanke

Re: Project data control and improvement

Post by Ralf Stanke » 07 Oct 2013, 13:50

Hi Robert,

some of you suggestions are already in our wish-list - thanks for that!
Editing the project data on-the-fly is technically not possible since all scenes in memory (also the scene loaded by scene ports and loaded via remoting and/or template engine) are wired to the (global) project data structure. Modifying this structure while it is connected to a certain number of scene would cause unexpected errors and modifications in the scene itself: image a scene in memory is connected to a project data value named X. Deleting that value would modify the scene, because there's no connection anymore. Who takes care of saving that modified scene? Especially if the scene has not been loaded by the Ventuz Designer but by a scene port or by a remote call.

Sorry, but you have to live with editing the project data model "offline".

Best regards

Ralf

Daniel Willer

Re: Project data control and improvement

Post by Daniel Willer » 07 Oct 2013, 13:55

Hey Robert

I have added tickets for your requests to our wiki.
I can tell you that there definitly will be changes from where the PD can be edited.

Cheers!
Daniel