Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

stereoscopy with AMD Radeon

Post requests for new features to this forum group. Any suggestion to expand the possibilities of Ventuz are welcome.

Moderator: Support

gabrielefx

stereoscopy with AMD Radeon

Post by gabrielefx » 10 Aug 2013, 16:26

Hi all,
this is not the same old question on "how to do stereoscopy in Ventuz".

Because Ventuz 4 is not developed at 32 bit is not possible to work with AMD Radeon cards and stereoscopy.

To enable it we need to install the Tridef DDD drivers. Unfortunately this Tridef drivers don't work at 64 bit.

With Nvidia drivers there are no problems because stereoscopic drivers are embedded, they work with 32/64 bit apps.

I built a new htpc computer dedicated to Ventuz equipped with the AMD Radeon 7970.

This gpu works like a charm a 30Hz on my 4K 3D TV (Sony 55X900) and with Tridef drivers you can watch stereoscopic directx at 30Hz too.

With 4K TVs you get the best stereoscopic experience you can imagine.

Because Ventuz is in contact with AMD developers I would like to know if/when they will release stereoscopic drivers for 64 bit applications or if you will embed stereoscopic capabilities in Ventuz working with the frame sequential standard.

regards

stephan

Re: stereoscopy with AMD Radeon

Post by stephan » 13 Aug 2013, 07:19

TriDef support wrote one month ago:
"There are plans for an update for 64-bit some time in the future. When that may be is not set in stone.
Most likely it will not be for some time. There is no timeline for this feature.
TriDefSupport.."
:(
stephan

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 27 Aug 2013, 11:23

Just a quick side note on the topic, we will not be implementing anything for the Radeon or Geforce cards. I don't know if the implementation for the FirePro is different than the Radeon, but just bear that in mind. AFAIK, AMD HD3D Pro should work on 64bit in DirectX, but I have not tried it - no guarantees.

gabrielefx

Post by gabrielefx » 30 Aug 2013, 07:44

because many games will be at 64 bit for sure Tridef will develop a compatible driver.
Ventuz doesn't benefit of FireGL Pro gpus automatically because you need to implement the stereoscophy in your app via sdk.
Ventuz needs a driver like Tridef that intercepts directx graphics and create the correct parallax. Tridef has a lot of controls over stereoscophy because was built for video games.
http://www.amd.com/us/Documents/HD3D_Whitepaper.pdf
Ventuz works like a video game.
Presenter Pro has a lot of controls over the stereoscophy: directx quad buffered, side by side, top bottom, etc, without duplicate cameras, render targets etc. It creates stereoscophy internally, in fact you can visualize mpo, jps photos or side by side videos adjusting depth for each object.
The software must be built for the stereoscophy.
In Ventuz 3 or 4 you can't visualize 3d photos on a 3d TV because this job must be done internally in the software.
In Ventuz you can visualize stereoscophy only with dlp projectors because you can split the output.

Here none of Ventuz engineers can demonstrate that is possible to visualize with Ventuz 3d photos/videos on 3d TVs using the hdmi output.

Regards

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 30 Aug 2013, 13:56

OK. That is different than the nvidia 3Dvision, which works out of the box without us having to interfere. As I said, I haven't tested the AMD version.

But you are right, showing a pre-computed stereoscopic movie or picture in Ventuz over HDMI will be difficult, as it currently stands. Having said that, and i don't know that much about stereoscopic video encoding, but I thought HDMI 1.4 stereoscopy is still a top/bottom squeeze with double height via dual stream, which are then sequenced and flipped by the screen? If that is correct, Ventuz should be able to handle it.

But yeah, short version: we probably won't implement any specific stereoscopic technology from individual vendors. We may have a look at figuring out a way for Ventuz to output a sequential stream at higher frequency at some point though.

stephan

Post by stephan » 04 Dec 2013, 16:08

TriDef 3D released driver v6.0 with x64 support
http://www.tridef.com/download

Stephan

stephan

Post by stephan » 04 Dec 2013, 17:05

... forgot to say: is working :D

gabrielefx