Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Property editor: order of properties / expose

Please report bugs in this group. We will maybe populate a list of known bugs with a possibly modified description at a later time.

Moderator: Support

lerou

Property editor: order of properties / expose

Post by lerou » 26 Nov 2014, 15:11

Hi,

1st part:

Again, some might call the first part a feature request, I don't ;)

The properties in the property manager.. how are they sorted? (see image) I thought this would be alphabetical, but I get the feeling there is some randomizer at work. And it seems like the order is not static. When I started this container it was ok, but at some point the order changed. Also copies sometimes get a different order. This is hard to work with.

2nd part:

This might be connected to the second part: the fact that the whole property-expose-feature is buggy. I'm trying to come up with a reproduce for that, but so far it's all too random. Ventuz switches out the exposes for my values randomly. When I double click on an exposed value to edit it, Ventuz randomly selects Values and Categories from all exposed values... very weird. So far it was just a bit annoying, but today it really cost me time. I gave a complex container to my colleague and when he used it, nothing worked as expected. There were exposed values with the same name, but different categories. Like:

Mapping1 exposed as:
[Stage 1]
Mapping

Mapping2 exposed as:
[Stage 2]
Mapping

And after copying the container, the binding was changed to:

Mapping2 exposed as:
[Stage 1]
Mapping

Mapping1 exposed as:
[Stage 2]
Mapping

Thus making it impossible to work with the container :/

As I said before, it's very hard to come up with a reproduce. This only happens with complex containers with several exposes (and maybe after some copy&pasting). But I'm working on it and maybe someone else has already noticed a behavior like this.

cheers,
rou
Attachments
prop_rand.png

Karol

Re: Property editor: order of properties / expose

Post by Karol » 26 Nov 2014, 17:12

Hi rou!

The second bug you are writing about is Ventuz' Most Wanted Bug!
We are chasing it already for years! We tried to reproduce it several time without success!

Cheers
Karol

lerou

Re: Property editor: order of properties / expose

Post by lerou » 27 Nov 2014, 13:57

Hi,

I have a scene here where I can reproduce the bug (Ventuz switching out my expose-bindings). Check your mail. Hope that helps.

cheers,
rou