Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Desktop spanning problem: 3840x1080 on basic hardware?

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

mrmacmusic

Desktop spanning problem: 3840x1080 on basic hardware?

Post by mrmacmusic » 07 Sep 2016, 10:43

Returning to Ventuz after a wee break trying to get a more mobile version of a solution up and running, however have stumbled at the first hurdle...

The Ventuz scene itself is not overly complex so I expect it to run OK on the system (i7 machine with Intel HD 530 integrated graphics plus Nvidia GeForce 940M) however I can't see any way to create a wide 3840x1080 desktop using the internal display and an external display under Windows 10 with the integrated graphics? I understand I can do this easily on our VBOX with AMD Eyefinity display 'group', but it would be really good to get a solution running on slimmed down hardware...

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!

lerou

Re: Desktop spanning problem: 3840x1080 on basic hardware?

Post by lerou » 07 Sep 2016, 13:06

in order to create a spanned Output you need a GPU that supports that. The 940m does not. You can't setup a mosaic using that.