Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Map Windows Touch to area of screen

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

lerou

Map Windows Touch to area of screen

Post by lerou » 06 Jun 2016, 13:44

Hi,

I have one PC, two displays: 1x FullHD with touch, 1x FullHD, no touch. Set up as one eyefinity group (2x1, left is touch, right is no touch). Now the touch from display 1 is mapped to the whole desktop. So in Ventuz when I have a button let's say in the middle of the left screen and I touch it (so physically in the middle of the left screen) the actual touch occurs in the middle of the desktop (at the right edge of display 1, left edge of display 2).

Is there a way to achieve a mapping where all touches are actually in the correct position only on the left screen? I don't want to fix this in the scene by having invisible touch objects that catch the touches (I can't due to the scene setup using viewports). I would like to fix this one level higher (Ventuz Config / Windows settings) but I can't really find a solution.

Thanks,
rou

lerou

Re: Map Windows Touch to area of screen

Post by lerou » 06 Jun 2016, 13:50

edit: this is not a Ventuz problem. It's on windows level as Windows thinks there is only one display and therefore applies the touch to the whole desktop. There is no way to set up a (re-)mapping unless anyone knows a tool??

Thanks,
rou

Daniel Willer

Post by Daniel Willer » 09 Jun 2016, 08:52

Are you talking about windows touch or TUIO. For TUIO it is simple to write a small remapper app but for windows touch it is not easy at all.

D

lerou

Post by lerou » 09 Jun 2016, 10:28

Win Touch. TUIO would indeed be easy ;)

I worked around it. If Ventuz would allow values >100% in the viewport node :evil: it would have been easier ;)

cheers,
rou

joysprod

Post by joysprod » 12 Jun 2016, 11:40

I don't know if this helps?

http://touch-base.com

It allowed me to have touch on one monitor although I was running 3 X HD outputs.

Peter