Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Images from ftp

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Chris

Images from ftp

Post by Chris » 08 Jan 2016, 09:29

Hi All,

I'm currently trying to load images from an ftp folder, using the URL node via a DIR node (to enable searching through the folder contents.
Can't seem to get the texture loader to load the image, it just shows an error saying it can't load the texture.....

The connection to the ftp seems ok as the url string on output is correct.....
Is it better to script something to pull the images and save them to a local folder??
Can anyone post a quick example? Not sure if I'm missing something simple.....

Thanks
Chris

Chris

Re: Images from ftp

Post by Chris » 08 Jan 2016, 22:28

If I connect the URL to the Directory I get this error:

21:00 08/01/2016 Error : DIR (Directory): Could not scan folder: The given path's format is not supported.

If I connect the url directly to the Texture Loader i get this error:

21:00 08/01/2016 Error : TexLoader (Texture Loader): Failed to load Image: ftp://username:password@ftp.website.com ... icture.jpg: The remote server returned an error: (530) Not logged in.

Would the log in issue be on the ftp side?? or windows? or have i input the information wrong in the URL node??

There is a quick example of the basic setup attached. Have i done something wrong or should this be working??

thanks
chris
Attachments
ftp images.vza
(7.91 KiB) Downloaded 249 times

Chris

Post by Chris » 11 Jan 2016, 15:16

Anyone???

All the details I'm inputing seem correct yet this just does not work.....would it be better to script this?
I was possibly thinking of using a third party app to download content from the ftp and then just use local drive links for the images......is this a more reliable way of acheiving this??

Thanks
Chris

u-double-u

Post by u-double-u » 13 Jan 2016, 00:37

Hi, I can imagine that the problem might come from "active" versus "passive" ftp.
cheers
Uwe