Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Alpha Effect

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

donLawrence

Alpha Effect

Post by donLawrence » 01 Jan 2016, 01:56

Hi, all:

I am new to Ventuz 4 Designer. I am using the Text Effect "Alpha Effect" to make text on a Slide in a Slide Manager look like it is fading out when I go to the next slide. It fades out fine, but always using a specific direction that I'm guessing is set by the "Direction" parameter in the Alpha Effect (choices are NearToFar, FarToNear, Center, and Random). I don't want this directional effect. I just want the text to fade out. I'd appreciate any direction on how to do this correctly.

Thank you.

Don

Daniel Willer

Re: Alpha Effect

Post by Daniel Willer » 04 Jan 2016, 15:21

Hi there,

You can just use an Alpha Node to fade out the text.

Regards
Daniel

donLawrence

Post by donLawrence » 04 Jan 2016, 18:19

Hi, Daniel:

Thanks for the reply. What I am saying is that the alpha node seems to add a directional wipe to a dissolve. I'm trying to find out how to remove the wipe part.

Don

Karol

Post by Karol » 05 Jan 2016, 10:44

Hi!

You should use the 'Alpha' node from the Color category not the 'Alpha Effect' node!

Cheers
Karol

donLawrence

Post by donLawrence » 04 Apr 2016, 18:18

Thank you, Karol.

Don