Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Special Charactes in Template port Data String

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Eric_RD

Special Charactes in Template port Data String

Post by Eric_RD » 10 Jul 2015, 08:52

If I want to pass a special Character through a template Port for example "&" I have to write the HTML/XML code "&"
However "<" and ">" for example are interpreted correctly, so there is no need for html conversion.
So a general html encoding like System.Net.Webutility.HtmlEncode(string) does not Work.
If I extract the string inside the Template port the "&" has been converted to "&".
Now I want to pass this string to another template Port inside the other one so i have to replace "&" with "&amp," again manually.

Is there a way to handle special characters in template Ports in a save way without worrying about each string and each character?

For now I just try to stay with a-z and 0-9 to avoid these problems. ;)

Götz_B

Re: Special Charactes in Tamplate port Data String

Post by Götz_B » 22 Jul 2015, 09:52

Hi Eric,

I tried, but couldn't achieve your result. What do you mean by "pass through a template port" ? I tried special characters in the Template Data as well as on exposed properties. Both worked as expected.
A simple scene that shows the behaviour could help. Maybe it depends on the systems culture or language settings.