Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Overlap with Touch

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

joysprod

Overlap with Touch

Post by joysprod » 12 Dec 2013, 08:29

Fantastic job with the new shaping engine. Have played around using a couple of desktop projectors. Looking forward to using it for real!

Is there a method of using touch buttons with multiple outputs with overlap.

If I have a two 1920 x 1080 outputs with a 512 overlap, of course my pixel space and my screen space are different. I understand why, but cant see a solution.

Peter

chriss0212

Re: Overlap with Touch

Post by chriss0212 » 12 Dec 2013, 09:45

hi peter

regarding shaping engine: i totaly agree....i already had the chance to test the alpha version on a 4 meter sphere with 3 projectors in overlap ;)

regarding touch translation: i cant see any problem...if i test it on a single machine with mouse...everything is translated as expected. cant test it with tuio, but i think it will be the same.

please remove the .vza in the filename

greetz

christian
Attachments
touch translation.wmv.vza
(626.08 KiB) Downloaded 276 times

joysprod

Post by joysprod » 13 Dec 2013, 14:43

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply and video.
Maybe I did not explain myself correctly. Looking at your video I see the same as I get. ie the mouse position and the position of the touch do not match up when using a blend or a gap between monitors.
Touch Translation.jpg
This is a problem if on a video wall design of 3 x 3 monitors with large bezels - the touch would be out both vertically and horizontally.

Regards

Peter

joysprod

Post by joysprod » 13 Dec 2013, 16:00

Now I am puzzled!!

I created a 3 x 3 video wall set up with space between the monitors. I expected to find that my mouse position and touch 'circle' in Inputs Diagnostics would be out both horizontally and vertically. I am wrong, as it is working fine vertically. Works fine with either a space or overlap between screens.

I am now thinking this is a bug?

Peter

joysprod

Touches out of place

Post by joysprod » 18 Dec 2013, 18:17

Have left this for a while and now revisiting it. Still have the same conclusions!! Am I missing something?

Will ask again...

Single machine with two 1920 x 1080 outputs and a 512 blend

How do I compensate for touch buttons being out of place when I am blending - Touches on buttons in centre are out by the 512 pixels. Not so much at extremes of screen. Am I missing something like all touch buttons going through a render target and screen aligned set on the overlay? Nothing seems to make any difference!!

Regards

Peter

joysprod

Post by joysprod » 18 Dec 2013, 18:19

Meant to add...

This is with mouse, not a TUIO device. Dont know if that would be different?

Peter

Karol

Post by Karol » 19 Dec 2013, 11:15

Hi Peter!

The behaviour you see is absolutely correct. Your content is doubled in certain areas due shaping overlap so is your Input Diagnostics rendering. Your Windows mouse does not know anything about Ventuz.
You cannot test this way! You are comparing apples and oranges :)
You have to test in Designer in the Design Preview modes or with the Presenter with correctly set up projectors - this will remove the doubled content.

Best Regards - Merry Christmas - Happy New Year!
Karol

joysprod

Post by joysprod » 19 Dec 2013, 12:07

Hi Karol,
I can see now. The scenario we had with V3 was as follows:-

2 x 1920 x 1080 outputs to projectors. No touch used on projection screens. Only using top 850 pixels vertical on screens allowed us to use the remaining bottom of screen for control buttons by the operator. This was blanked on projectors and not seen by audience. In V3 of course we were using a different way of generating overlap and allowed buttons to work correctly on operators monitors.

In V4 we can no longer do this!

Peter