Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

png image antialiasing (transparency)?

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

ahmedsheeraz

png image antialiasing (transparency)?

Post by ahmedsheeraz » 25 Nov 2013, 07:45

Hi all,

my png image on a rectangle is going good but it is showing a jaggy black boundary around the image which is not in the image originally. I have already set multisampling in ventuz configuration to high settings. How can i get red of this black jaggy line? or should i use some other image format which holds transparency like tga, tiff? Image attached to have a look...
Attachments
anti.jpg

Christian Krix Schmidt

Re: png image antialiasing (transparency)?

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 25 Nov 2013, 09:51

Your scene hierarchy does not reflect your drawing order. In the Hierarchy Editor move the PNG (with Rect1) below the Cube1. This is exactly like in Photoshop or After Effects. The order in your scenes needs to be correct or transparency is not correct. Elements at the top in your Hierarchy get drawn first.

ahmedsheeraz

Re: png image antialiasing (transparency)?

Post by ahmedsheeraz » 25 Nov 2013, 10:36

i tried and strangely it worked :). It means node structure in hierarchy is overriding the 3d space for rendering objects. Unlike after effects in which if something is above on another layer in 3d space, layers structure doesn't matter. Anyways thanx.