Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Touch detection from multiple sources

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

joysprod

Touch detection from multiple sources

Post by joysprod » 14 Nov 2013, 13:16

Long shot: I have been wondering how I could draw on screen from multiple TUIO pads with a different colour representing each pad. Doesn't seem to be a way using the Touch Paint as all touches just use the one node.

Anyone got some ideas?

Peter

Christian Krix Schmidt

Re: Touch detection from multiple sources

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 14 Nov 2013, 15:27

I don't see how you could do it directly. THe node just does not support any possibility of using different sources. I thought maybe use the TouchPaint node on the TUIO devices with Ventuz outputting VGA over IP and bringing all those together on the target platform. But programming something yourself might be more time- and budget oriented.

Or maybe something haveway inbetween could work. Use the touch ripple node to get the touch data in. And write a small Shader that takes several input XY coordinates to draw the lines. There should be plenty of open source shaders like that available online. They are not very complex. And you could use the Tutorial in the Ventuz Manual on how to integrate external Shaders to integrate one into Ventuz. I did dabble a bit myself with Shaders and the basic stuff is pretty straight forward. Just an idea.