Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

No Cluster Sync

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

joysprod

No Cluster Sync

Post by joysprod » 25 Oct 2013, 09:24

I have just spent over 4 hours trying to get a cluster sync between two machines with V4. It just does not want to work. I know the hardware setup regarding router and Ethernet is good as I get an immediate cluster sync (turns green) under Ventuz 3 on the same machines.

I have also noticed that according to your notes under "How to: Cluster Rendering" when viewing the on-screen statistics I should see before the (:) the Group ID followed by the machine ID. In my case I see the correct Group ID but the machine ID on both machines is always at 00. I do in fact have them set to 01 and 02 so something doesnt seem to be correct.

Do you have any ideas where I can trouble shoot further?

Regards

Peter

chriss0212

Re: No Cluster Sync

Post by chriss0212 » 25 Oct 2013, 10:38

hi peter

are you working in the designer? if so: have you switched to production preview in the stage editor?

greetz

christian

joysprod

Post by joysprod » 25 Oct 2013, 12:54

Agh... that was something I didnt even consider or realize that setting the Production Preview on each machine would make such a difference with Cluster Sync, and give me values after the (:)

Having said that, it's still not working!
My testing set up is as follows:- I have two machines A & B and a simple setup of 1 output per machine, giving a cluster resolution of 3840 x 1080.

I set my Group ID for both machines to 1

I make machine A the Master as regards Cluster and give it the ID 1
I make machine B the Client and give it the Same Group ID (1) but sets its ID to 2

I go to A and ensure that it is set to Master in the Config Editor and machine B is set to client.
I start both Designers and set machine A to Production Preview ID1 and machine B to Production Preview ID2

Turning on the statistics: Machine A shows ID 01.01: "Cluster Clock" -01
Machine B shows ID 01.02 : "Cluster Clock" -02

I thought that on the client machine, the number after the cluster clock was the ID of the master machine? In this case it should show 01, but it shows 02. It looks to me that somehow the clock is not getting through to the client machine. I'm still at a loss as to why it is not working.

Peter

Götz_B

Post by Götz_B » 25 Oct 2013, 13:19

Hi,

the settings you described look correct so far. Besides that it is strange to setup two Designer in a Cluster ;)

Are you sure there is no firewall blocking Ventuz 4?

Götz