Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Render setup resolution and size

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Robert

Render setup resolution and size

Post by Robert » 05 Oct 2013, 23:26

Hi,

How to create a render setup with 2 screens with same resolution but different sizes?

Regards,

Robert

ErikB

Re: Render setup resolution and size

Post by ErikB » 06 Oct 2013, 20:53

ventuz does not know anything about size of screens, only about resolution, so what would this do and how would it work - without being terribly confusing!

Robert

Post by Robert » 07 Oct 2013, 12:26

Hi Erik,

I have a project in which one I need to mix lcd screens and projection. Lcd HD screens have same size but beside these screens I need to do some bigger pictures with HD projection and continuous content.
I'm looking for a simple way to create this setup.

Rob

Robert

Post by Robert » 08 Oct 2013, 22:51

Does it still sounds strange for you?

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 09 Oct 2013, 11:22

No, I understand the problem, however I cannot see an elegant way to do this in the screen setup tool easily, without making it hopelessly confusing for the user.

My recommendation for now would be to make a layout scene with the outputs scaled appropriately. Use render targets (with locked resolution) to put the scene content on to the screens. This gives you an accurate preview of the scene, while retaining the correct resolutions.

At some point, I am sure we will have to revisit the stage editor to do some things like this, or add depth, but that will have to be a future version.