Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Externalizing Containers

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Joe Styles

Externalizing Containers

Post by Joe Styles » 26 Mar 2014, 10:04

Has the ability to externalize containers gone in Ventuz4!? We use these in remoting to control multiple instances of items.

When I need to make a change to one of the instances I work on one container and then copy it and paste container contents on the other instances. The externals being internal to the container and the container being externalized.
Hopefully I am missing something Can someone tell me how this can now be done?

Attached is a simple Ventuz3 scene with externalised containers to show what I mean.

This is quite fundamental if I can't do it in Ventuz4 :shock:
Any help would be great, thanks!
Attachments
SimpleExternals.vzs
(6.58 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
Joe Styles
Kinetic Pixel

Götz_B

Re: Externalizing Containers

Post by Götz_B » 01 Apr 2014, 12:43

The Externalizing Mechanism has been replaced by the Scene Data.

http://www.ventuz.com/support/help/late ... eData.html

Regarding your example... If you bind the Nudge from inside the container to the scene data and then 'copy paste container contents', all are bound to the same Scene Data Channel.
So if you want the three items to be bound to separate Scene Data Channels as in your scene, you have to expose the Nudge method and bind it from there.

kris rok

Post by kris rok » 03 Apr 2014, 11:37

i'm no fan of this change either.

please consider giving the user an option to bind to the existing channels or creating clones. at least for containers this would be great.

Daniel Willer

Post by Daniel Willer » 22 Apr 2014, 09:03

The clone function is already done and will be relweased within the next version Ventuz 4.04.00.

Cheers!