Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

audio latency

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

donLawrence

audio latency

Post by donLawrence » 19 Jul 2016, 18:25

Hi all:

We have been testing Ventuz with a Datapath VisionSC-HD4+ video capture card recommended by Ventuz. Testing the card by playing back movies with lip-sync audio using Datapath’s own Vision software and DVI input, we have experienced audio lagging behind picture by four frames. Has anyone else had results like this or found a solution?

Thank you.

Don

shermanpat

Re: audio latency

Post by shermanpat » 26 Jul 2016, 16:17

Hey don.

In my experience the datapath dvi capture cards and ventuz will produce about 1-3 frames of video delay (capture and render time) depending on the set up. Possible more depending on signal flow and hardware before and after the ventuz machine. I have not used Datapaths video playback software.

Typlicaly we use an audio delay at the audio counsel or in some cases use the PC Audio card to delay the needed time to compensate.
-Sherman
Meru Interactive

chriss0212

Re: audio latency

Post by chriss0212 » 13 Sep 2016, 15:47

Hi Don,

are you sure, thet audio is delayed? Normaly the problem is, that Video is delayed!

If Audio is delayed...you could use Ventuz5 and the delay Effect in the Layer Effects.

Greets

Christian