Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

looking for gamer laptop with touchscreen ...

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

TVM Cracklings

Re: looking for gamer laptop with touchscreen ...

Post by TVM Cracklings » 29 Oct 2015, 16:01

I think it's actually this one on amazon.de.

I like the free FL Studio a lot btw :p

tkozjak

Post by tkozjak » 31 Oct 2015, 20:09

ErikB wrote:http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-blade

this is what I use, and I really like it.

-E
But can this laptop run any kind of Ventuz graphics?

When I tried to run my 'Protoplanetary disc' presentation on my friends' laptops, framerate dropped practically to zero (yes, we switched it's graphics device from integrated Intel GPU to Nvidia GPU). I realized that rendering vertices (500k of them) as points on mobile GPUs was probably the main cause of this problem. Up until then I could run complex and computationally demanding presentations on laptops with no problem.

Has any of you encountered similar problem?

TVM Cracklings

Post by TVM Cracklings » 01 Nov 2015, 12:11

tkozjak wrote:
ErikB wrote:http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-blade

this is what I use, and I really like it.

-E
But can this laptop run any kind of Ventuz graphics?

When I tried to run my 'Protoplanetary disc' presentation on my friends' laptops, framerate dropped practically to zero (yes, we switched it's graphics device from integrated Intel GPU to Nvidia GPU). I realized that rendering vertices (500k of them) as points on mobile GPUs was probably the main cause of this problem. Up until then I could run complex and computationally demanding presentations on laptops with no problem.

Has any of you encountered similar problem?
500k vertices shouldn't be an issue, even for an Intel GPU. If the GPU can handle 2m pixels per frame and deal with the windows aero effects etc., it's able to handle 500k vertices barring some very complicated computations. Just because the GPU load meter explodes in Ventuz doesn't mean your graphic card is bad :p

For a reference, my computer at home (i3, GTX750, 4GB RAM) can handle a 6m-vertices model with some basic shading / lighting just fine. The mentioned Razor Laptop probably has 3-5x more computing power than mine.

shermanpat

Post by shermanpat » 02 Nov 2015, 18:56

So does the GPU on the Razor laptop let you display group using the onboard touch screen and a external monitors?
-Sherman
Meru Interactive

stephan

Post by stephan » 02 Nov 2015, 19:03

Thanks for your interesting discussion here, thought this topic is closed ... :D

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 11 Nov 2015, 14:27

The Razer runs decent sized scenes quite well. I have yet to do a scene on my Desktop that didn't run on the laptop, though I do see performance differences, of course. You are somewhat limited by the 3GB of GPU memory and, far more importantly, the laptop bus/SSD speeds. However, I have scenes with several million triangles (testing a scene for V5 with 25m vertices) and it runs fine. The touch is excellent.

As for the display group... uh... not sure :D For demos I almost always am in mirror mode...

Chris

Post by Chris » 20 Nov 2015, 16:56

Hey,

Dell do a Precision M3800 with a 4k touch display, and Quadro 2gb card.

Chris