Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Surface Pro 3 for Ventuz Designer

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

u-double-u

Surface Pro 3 for Ventuz Designer

Post by u-double-u » 16 Sep 2015, 20:12

Hi,
does anyone use Microsofts Surface Pro 3 for Ventuz Designer 4 (5) successfully and would recommend it?
I am thinking of getting one for use with Ventuz and Watchout . Not at the same time necessarily.(I asked the same question there).
Best regards

Christian Krix Schmidt

Re: Surface Pro 3 for Ventuz Designer

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 17 Sep 2015, 08:59

Hi!

I don't use it but I know someone who did. It's generally not recommended as the Surface Pro 3 runs hot - and Ventuz really pushes the system. The fan seems to be very loud under heavy load as well. And it cannot play 4K videos at 60fps. Microsoft will announce the Surface Pro 4 officially at their October 6th event when they also announce their new Lumia flagship phones. The Surface Pro 4 is supposedly using Intel's brand new Skylake processor range, far better performance and battery life as well as a slightly larger screen. It is expected to include Intel's RealSense3D camera which could make the Surface Pro 4 a very well rounded and versatile platform. So I would not buy a Surface Pro 3 and wait three weeks for the Pro 4 anouncement.

Cheers
Christian

lerou

Post by lerou » 17 Sep 2015, 12:02

Hi,

what he said.

Plus the battery life is terrible - don't count on more than 30 minutes.

Best,
rou

u-double-u

Post by u-double-u » 17 Sep 2015, 22:05

Thanks a lot for the hint at Surface Pro 4 and the other tips.
Uwe

sandercox

Post by sandercox » 22 Sep 2015, 11:47

We have used a surface pro 3 in presentation mode as control but the system tends to get sluggish real quick. Integrated intel graphics is just not what you're used to when you also use dedicated GPUs in other systems.

Also running Ventuz designer is a bit of an issue as ventuz currently doesn't support high-dpi systems very well, so on a surface that means that turning off high-dpi will make everything windows related really small and tiny rendering the touch interface a bit useless.