Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Live back up for touchscreen system

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

Chris

Live back up for touchscreen system

Post by Chris » 24 Aug 2015, 09:21

Hi All,

I am currently building a touchscreen project in Ventuz and i want to run a back up server in sync with my main server.
i have the 2 machines running in a cluster as 'Master' and 'Slave', so the touch information is being transmitted to the 2nd machine :) All good :).....but if server 1 crashes (which it hasn't, but if it does) I lose that switchable back up situation as the touch information is no longer received by server 2.... :/

Is there a better way of doing this or am i missing something in the set up that will make this work?
Can i split the USB from the touchscreen to make this a viable option? (should i be doing this anyway?)

any experience or info on this would be much appreciated :)

Thanks
Chris

p.s There is a lag between the 2 servers which means after using them for a few minutes they become out of sync (i.e positions of objects onscreen, timings etc) any advice on tackling that would be good too :) thanks.

lerou

Re: Live back up for touchscreen system

Post by lerou » 24 Aug 2015, 09:28

Hi,

what kind of touch are you using? If your device uses TUIO, try to make it send the touch infos to both machines (several IPs or use multicast).

Best,
rou

Chris

Re: Live back up for touchscreen system

Post by Chris » 24 Aug 2015, 09:33

Hi Rou

Thanks for the super fast response ;)
Just using a standard windows touchscreen.