Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

V4 - Ventuz Closed With C# Script

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

MrTompkins

V4 - Ventuz Closed With C# Script

Post by MrTompkins » 26 May 2015, 12:09

Hello Ventuzians,
I have a "small" problem with my C# script which I don't want to share yet.
I'm sure it's my fault why it's not working and I want to find the mistake by myself BUT
I want to know from you guys why Ventuz is closing automatically.

There must be a log file which tells me why Ventuz shut down completely and asked me to "debug/close program".
I hope someone can help me.

I will share the script in case I don't find a solution and maybe someone can explain me what I wrote wrong.
Btw the script is working fine and shows no error...only Ventuz doesn't want to work anymore after 10-90 minutes.
I tested it couple of times, just opened the scene and kept running it in the background.

Note:
I'm using now the latest version and used before 4.04.01. It doesn't matter which version...same problem.

thx for help

lerou

Re: V4 - Ventuz Closed With C# Script

Post by lerou » 26 May 2015, 18:13

Hi,

make sure to catch all exceptions in your code. If you don't, you can crash Ventuz. I don't know what you're doing, but many C# API methods throw exceptions for common errors (like listing a directory with an invalid path). Make sure you're code is exception safe. Especially with accessing external resources from code you may get that behavior - crashes after an undefined time.

rou