Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Cinema 4D and Ventuz

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

joschy

Cinema 4D and Ventuz

Post by joschy » 14 May 2015, 13:01

Hello,
i have read that a Cinema 4D integration is on the road. Nice direction ;), but why Cinema? I know, it is my personal point of view and want only to mention that there are real innovate 3D applications out there...
http://www.thefoundry.co.uk/products/modo/
They have already a nice pipeline to unity3d ;)

My two cents,
joschy
3DJo - [Ventuz] freelancer and trainer

chriss0212

Re: Cinema 4D and Ventuz

Post by chriss0212 » 15 May 2015, 13:48

so let me ask: why not cinema4d?

i think there are much more c4d users than modo users out there. and my feeling: learning curve of c4d is much better then modo.

i am very happy if the direction goes to cinema ;)

greetz

christian

gabrielefx

Post by gabrielefx » 25 Oct 2015, 09:41

I started to do raytraced 3D animations with Cinema 4D when Max was a toy and Vray didn't exist.
I tried to learn Modo, the working pipeline is a nightmare...
I see that Cinema 4D will be a good friend for Ventuz 5
10 years ago with Cinema 4D I did a lot of 3D animations for television, it's pure fun working with it.
I can't wait to upgrade Ventuz and pick again C4D.
Some tutorials needed...

joschy

Post by joschy » 25 Oct 2015, 10:40

As an old Lightwave user, MODO's workflow was not a nightmare for me ;). I can say i'm an 3D veteran, used MAX, XSI and Maya... so i will have a look at cinema.
After watching a movie abot Eric's presentation on the IBC at the Maxon Both, I was flashed away. The bridge between Ventuz and Cinema is a dream. So, I must switch to cinema.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcKS-fXARog

The question is, which version of cinema is needed?

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 28 Oct 2015, 12:39

Well, as an ex-Softimage employee.. 3D software is a bit of a religious issue for me.

However, Cinema4D is great at what it does. If you are going in to do a massive VFX pipeline with crowds and huge complex scenes... maybe Cinema4D is not the best. But for the Ventuz world, it is perfect. Most of all, they are moving as a company. Every release has very nice things in it, they know what doesn't work well in their software and are working on improving them.

We chose them because in our fields, they are the dominant tool; they are close by in case we need anything; they are willing and interested to work with us and they are genuinely nice people - which counts for a lot!

So yeah, obviously XSI was (and still is, and for the forseeable future will be) the best 3D tool ever, buuuuut I am actually liking C4D, and this new connection to Ventuz is so very very sweet.

The bridge was built with R16, but we are doing all testing etc on R17, so that would be my suggestion (plus, the spline tools are great). We, of course, will stay up to date with their releases.

Speaking of, I will be at the C4D UG in Munich on Friday the 30th of October, if anyone is there and wants to play!

joschy

Post by joschy » 28 Oct 2015, 14:40

Thank's Eric for the response. Yeh, for many 3D people it is a religious issue.
I loved XSI, ice ice ice baby... Great particle system.

As i understand know, the plug-in for the bridge will be installed with the Ventuz5 installation, right?

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 11 Nov 2015, 14:17

Right now, you have to manually dump the plugin into the C4D plugins folder. I would guess that will still be the case on release, but if it is we'll be sure to include a clear guide.