Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

shapping not saving edits

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

davidkmiller

shapping not saving edits

Post by davidkmiller » 08 Apr 2015, 20:51

seen this a few times now but not been able to replicate.

Trying to map an output. From screen shaper i make my edits....able to see the results in real time.... click save...back...exit...pop up stating will lose unsaved settings....click save...the second we click out of configuration editor all shaping edits are lost... This is extremely frustrating...any known work arounds this appears to be a bug....

2 machines side by side..machine 1 works perfectly machine 2 loses all warping edits the second we exit screen shaper... this behavior is exhibited when edited from local machine or across the network..

Robert

Re: shapping not saving edits

Post by Robert » 14 Apr 2015, 16:43

Hi,

Stupid question but did you address the same screen shape with your two computers ?

R

davidkmiller

Post by davidkmiller » 17 Apr 2015, 18:36

Possible on the network computer I had not thought of checking that... However I first saw this behavior when i attempted to do the adjustment on the local machine with no network present.

davidkmiller

Post by davidkmiller » 22 Apr 2015, 21:11

found a solution to fix this

Still seems to be a BUG...

Monitor 1... if i do my edits save and exit it will keep settings as long as I don't edit a different monitor it will save settings

monitor 2 and beyond required me to create a new warping group on each monitor before it would save settings

this was on a 3 monitor eyefinity configuration

Other machines in our inventory have not behaved this way so some strangeness indeed

joysprod

Post by joysprod » 25 May 2016, 12:18

I had a similar problem last week on a show when trying to adjust the mapping of an output via a laptop out 'in the house'. All fine until save of configuration. On Disconnect, mapping would jump back to an original setting. On looking through the log for the Config editor, it mentioned that my two machines did not have unique ID's. Went into RegEdit and sure enough both Sytem ID's were blank. Added a unique ID and my problem went away.

I dont know if you ever got to the bottom of this? Just a though this could of been your problem?

Regards

Peter