Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

valid image for texture

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

mixondigital

valid image for texture

Post by mixondigital » 01 Apr 2015, 05:58

Hi all. Still a bit new to Ventuz4. I'm trying to build a scene that to display an image, that has a path coming from an excel spreadsheet. However, I might not have all of the images, so I want to use an alpha node to turn off a layer, if an image is not there. Tried using the Visuals Indexer node, but I don't think this is the right mode to achieve what I need. Any other suggestions?

lerou

Re: valid image for texture

Post by lerou » 01 Apr 2015, 06:16

Hi,

Welcome to Ventuz :)

Put your file path through a url node. The node will give you a bool flag indicating whether the file exists. Use that to block your geometry.

cheers,
rou

mixondigital

Post by mixondigital » 05 Apr 2015, 01:17

Thank you so much for the response. That worked!!! Appreciate the help!

Daniel Willer

Post by Daniel Willer » 07 Apr 2015, 12:20

Hi there,

Welcome to the ventuz forum.
A way I use a lot in V4 is the multiswitch node and use 2 texture properties. You can set them to FirstValid and connect your image to the first input and a transparent texture to the second.
Everytime the first texture is getting invalid it switches automatically to the second one.

Regards
Daniel