Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Install Ventuz - USB dongle install?

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

joero

Install Ventuz - USB dongle install?

Post by joero » 11 Dec 2014, 18:37

Hi,

I work for Fox Networks in Los Angeles and was just given (3) Ventuz4 licenses and dongles yesterday, how to install?, I see the license key is set to each specific dongle, I've attached the dongles to each of the (3) PC's and have downloaded the latest software (4.05.02_x64.exe). I've installed it - but it will not accept the license and not does work. These (3) PC's are running Windows 7 - but do not have internet access. In the "License Manager", I enter the license key provided but no go..... Under the License Manager does it matter what is the in fields for?
Name?
Company?
Email?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Info from PC:
License: Ventuz 4 None
Licensee:
InstSerial: c9716171-63ba-4910-b809-7ae1efa70334

License: No License found
Licensee:
InstSerial:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Info on Card:
Licensee: Fox Networks
Product: Runtime, Designer, Cluster
LIcense Key: J33YE-FMS9X-L9MHW-2KV35-VQ8C6-9
Dongle Serial: 657:807:021:680:105:235

Does this machine need access to Ventuz.com to activate? I thought it had a USB dongle and could run in standalone mode? This machine is a production machine and is in a secure area of the network and therefore cannot be put on the internet. Please advise on how to install this software in this configuration & thank you. Joe Rollo.

Götz_B

Re: Install Ventuz - USB dongle install?

Post by Götz_B » 12 Dec 2014, 10:40

Hi,

looks like you have to activate the dongle. You need a machine with internet access. Than insert the dongle and open the License Manager. There should be a button called "Update License" i think. After that, you should see sth like 'Ventuz 4 Runtime, Designer....' where you now see License: Ventuz 4 None.
You only need internet access once. Than you can take the dongle to your production machine.

Regards,

Götz

joero

Re: Install Ventuz - USB dongle install?

Post by joero » 12 Dec 2014, 19:44

Hi Gotz,

Thanks a bunch for your help, I did what you mentioned in your post and Ventuz runs up now (Yay!) I thought it must have had something to do with the network these machines are on but did not think of what you suggested - so thanks again for your help! It runs up but does still look to try and access the internet when it's started... but this should be Ok. I wanted to just install this software on machines that have unrestricted internet access so there wouldn't be an issue....but others thought differently. In any event, the artists will now begin to use it today - and am sure are looking forward to it :) Regards, Joe.