Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

AMD W9100 graphics card giving VDevice Error

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

davidkmiller

AMD W9100 graphics card giving VDevice Error

Post by davidkmiller » 08 Oct 2014, 23:30

We are in the process of attempting to upgrade a few of our servers from AMD w7000 graphics cards to AMD w9100 graphics cards.

When we attempt to launch an eyefinity pixel space in ventuz on the w9100 at 3840x3240 we get this error:

VDevice Error
Graphics Board has insufficient memory for rendering. Reduce resolution of Output and Rendertargets.

This same eyefinity resolution worked on this same cpu configuration with AMD w7000 cards.

Has anyone had experience configuring the w9100 graphics card for large pixel spaces? Or suggestion on where to chase an answer on why this error is.

Thanks!

Daniel Willer

Re: AMD W9100 graphics card giving VDevice Error

Post by Daniel Willer » 05 Nov 2014, 18:05

I guess the w7000 and the w9100 has different mutlisample rates and either your RenderTargets or ProjectSettings or both are set to BEST which takes the highest rate the card can do. With high pixel rates you can reach the limits of the card and get an error.
Can you please attache a simple sample scene causing the error.

Regards
Daniel

davidkmiller

Re: AMD W9100 graphics card giving VDevice Error

Post by davidkmiller » 23 Nov 2014, 16:35

Thanks for the insight. When I am able to recreate the error will test this out. I was able to fix it for show by lowering the resolution under the project properties. That solution in my mind falls in line with the multisample rate being set too high.