Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

String variable event not fired when input bound to

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

plkmarudny

String variable event not fired when input bound to

Post by plkmarudny » 08 Jun 2014, 15:52

Value Dispatcher carrying URI

I have a scene where a value dispatcher sets two texture nodes to the same value (taken from another image loader). So far so good. Works. Now, I bind the input of the string variable to the same output, so a variable is set to URI like this "ventuz://images/XXXX.png Texture". And here is the thing: the event is not generated. Tried to insert "ToText" node before setting a string variable - no success neither. I can see the variable value being changed, just an event is not fired.

Am I missing something here?

chriss0212

Re: String variable event not fired when input bound to

Post by chriss0212 » 10 Jun 2014, 09:58

please try:

./images/XXXX.png

for the path

plkmarudny

Post by plkmarudny » 10 Jun 2014, 10:17

I am not really sure if I got it: the URI is constructed by Ventuz itself, so I cannot control it. I can however, convert it to Text (or a string rather) and manipulate it from there.

So, I tried now to trim "ventuz://images/XXXX.png Texture" stringto the "XXXX.png" only and again it sets the variable of type string just fine, no event is fired however.

plkmarudny

Post by plkmarudny » 10 Jun 2014, 13:22

Actually, it worked. When I start an empty scene from scratch. Within my bigger scene, it does not work. Software... A working scene attached.
Attachments
NoEventFired.vza
(29 KiB) Downloaded 317 times

schub

Post by schub » 10 Jun 2014, 15:22

I have a scene where a value dispatcher sets two texture nodes to the same value
You dont need a value dispatcher for this, its possible to bind multiple image to texture nodes to an image loader
Now, I bind the input of the string variable to the same output, so a variable is set to URI like this "ventuz://images/XXXX.png Texture". And here is the thing: the event is not generated.
Assuming you're talking about the changed event, I would recommend connecting the string to the file property of the image loader, in your sample scene the string was bound to the texture property of the the texture node.
To do this, you need to drag the value input of the string node over the image loader, but dont drop it there, instead drag it to the property editor to the file input of the image loader.

:!: Also don't forget to enable value monitoring in your property editor

plkmarudny

Post by plkmarudny » 11 Jun 2014, 08:00

Thanks schub. Indeed, Image Loader File property is a better source for binding. I need a value dispatcher however, as my scene is a little bit more complicated than a small example attached.

chriss0212

Post by chriss0212 » 11 Jun 2014, 08:20

i would say a bug!

please try my one....i just delayd the changed event by one frame...and it works

greetz

christian
Attachments
NoEventFiredWithDelay.vza
(29 KiB) Downloaded 293 times

chriss0212

Post by chriss0212 » 11 Jun 2014, 08:46

if you use a texture loader an set the async property to true you can use the loaded event. but it only works, if the async is set to true!!!

i am not sure if it is realy a bug...problem is: if you dont use async loading the scene will freez a short moment during loading...and this is exactly the time, where the changed event is fired.

greetz

christian