Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Template that shows old an new data with a transition

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

plkmarudny

Template that shows old an new data with a transition

Post by plkmarudny » 03 Jun 2014, 07:20

In the tutorial "How to Build a Template for Director" there is a section on Data Marker. That's fine, new data is delivered to a template at the point when the Data Marker is set. But what if I want to show both old and a new value with a transition? For example I would like to display a picture, and on next take a new picture should push out the old one off, while sliding in. How to achieve this?

plkmarudny

Re: Template that shows old an new data with a transition

Post by plkmarudny » 17 Jun 2014, 07:16

I guess this is not possible. Director ties exposed data to a node on the one-to-one basis, and there is no way to store the old value in a separate node on first take, to make a transition to a new value on another take. Have a look at the scene attached.
Attachments
TextureDistributor.vza
(15.9 KiB) Downloaded 305 times

stephen

Post by stephen » 18 Jun 2014, 11:11

Hi plkmarudny,

you are right, that the Director ties Data in a direct connection. But you can build a Logic inside your template, that buffers the Data first, before passing it to the relevant node.
You could actually use a Text Buffer to buffer the Texture-URL (or any other Variable) and pass it on based on the transition in your Template.
Additionally you need to use a Soft State. This way you can pass the new Texture directly to a second element while the first element still holds the old Texture. Then in the end of the animation the Texture is also passed to the first element.
Through the Soft State mechanic the two elements can then be exchanged invisibly.

I attached a scene where I build such a mechanic with a simple Alpha Blend Effect. Hope that helps!

Best regards,
Stephen
Attachments
TextureBuffer.vza
(13.38 KiB) Downloaded 306 times

plkmarudny

Post by plkmarudny » 18 Jun 2014, 14:21

Hi,

Thanks a lot! In fact, as you can see from the scene attached by me, I tried to buffer value, but failed. Actually, i built the whole logic, no problem, just buffering did not work for me. Indeed, there is a TextBuffer that does exactly what I wanted to...

plkmarudny

Post by plkmarudny » 18 Jun 2014, 16:17

Well, everything would be fine, however there is one thing that is lost: preview in Director.

stephen

Post by stephen » 18 Jun 2014, 17:04

Hi plkmarudny,

you're right! I did not consider that. But there is the "System ID" Node, that provides a boolean (flag) describing wether the current Channel is the Preview Channel of the Director. You could use that boolean to block the above logic and use another one only for the preview so that you can already see the result there without any buffer. Hope you can imagine a way to implement that into your use case!

Best regards,
Stephen

plkmarudny

Post by plkmarudny » 20 Jun 2014, 16:59

Right, will investigate this one, thank you so much!

Tomasz