Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Absolute path in Scene Port node in presentation mode

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

DisNet

Absolute path in Scene Port node in presentation mode

Post by DisNet » 02 Jun 2014, 08:55

Hello, I’m trying to display external scene using absolute path in Scene Port node. It is successfully displayed in Ventuz Designer, but it does not work when I export it to presentation. How can I resolve this problem?

joysprod

Re: Absolute path in Scene Port node in presentation mode

Post by joysprod » 02 Jun 2014, 19:43

Dont know about the Scene Port Node, but for data files external to the VPR, it was covered here some years back...

http://inside.ventuz.com/2009/09/relati ... ata-files/

It may work for Scene Ports. Sorry dont have access to a machine at present to test.

Regards

Peter

DisNet

Post by DisNet » 03 Jun 2014, 06:44

Thanks for your reply. Relative and absolute paths work for external data files, but it does not work for Scene Port in Presentation mode. In Ventuz Designer everyting works correct, but when I export presentation external scenes dont load. I know there is different engines for Designer and Presentation modes, but i need to know is it bug, feature or workaround exists (or may be I'm doing something wrong?).

Karol

Post by Karol » 03 Jun 2014, 09:56

Hi,

One has to distinguish between scenes in the active Ventuz Project and scenes outside this project.
Loading scenes from outside the active project is not recommended in Designer and not possible during Runtime if running a VPR!
In Designer it's not recommended because a scene may require project-relative resources.
In VPR mode only scene can be loaded to ScenePorts which have been exported to the VPR because they were already used in a ScenePort or they are referenced by a Resource Linker node.
If you want to load any scene from the Project during Runtime to a ScenePort, you have to start VentuzPresenter.exe with the Project file (.vzp) and load the scenes via Remoting or via a logic within the scene containing the ScenePorts.

Best Regards
Karol