Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Physical Engine

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

allen hyoga

Physical Engine

Post by allen hyoga » 13 Mar 2014, 10:39

Hi here,
Is there someone who has realized physical engine in Ventuz ? Just like collision, gravity ...could u kindly share a sample or show the way how to make ?

Thanks
Allenh

ErikB

Re: Physical Engine

Post by ErikB » 13 Mar 2014, 14:56

Several people have used the Bullet Physics engine with Ventuz. It is not a simple task, but is doable. You need the C# bullet physics library and a good understanding of programming though, not a trivial task.

allen hyoga

Post by allen hyoga » 14 Mar 2014, 10:13

Ohh,maybe it is really difficult to make a real physics engine in Ventuz soon.

I have studied the bullet physics engine a little, which could be used in XNA and DirectX by C#. However, you must use the native graphic class to work, for example, everything should be a rigid body then add some properties to it, just like collision and gravity param.So I have no idea how to relate a geometry to the rigid body in Ventuz...

By contrasting with Unity3D, hope a easy physics engine to be embedded in ventuz in future. :)

Regards
AllenH

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 18 Mar 2014, 12:47

It is on our list of to-do things, but I'm afraid it is not top priority right now. The amount of work needed to get a dynamics engine reliable enough is one big hurdle, but the other huge one is finding a way to synchronize it. That is a very, very large problem. And having a dynamics engine in Ventuz that canot be used in a cluster is not very useful. So, we will look at it, but it will be a while.