Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Screen Shaping

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

LK Holger

Screen Shaping

Post by LK Holger » 03 Sep 2013, 16:08

Hi Ventuzians,
i just had a look at the Ventuz Configuration Editor and was very happy to see such an improvement for complex setups!
The only thing missing is the OLD screen shaping stuff (incl. soft-edges)...neither the node nor the tool are available so i guess you kicked that out. Are there any follow-up tools?
If not we can do this with HLSL shaders but a ready-to-use tool is always a nice tool :D

Cheers,
Holger

LK Holger

Re: Screen Shaping

Post by LK Holger » 03 Sep 2013, 17:14

Thanks Alex for the quick reply,
I have just seen your "Known limitations" page on the website, that such a tool is under construction. So sorry for asking, but there was no hint in the help file.
So i guess for the urgent project i will use something self-made if you don't have a release date, but i will keep an eye open for the new tool.
i totally agree with your approach for releasing the software even if not every tool is done. Screen-shaping is not the most-used feature of ventuz.
Probably for this urgent project i can even handle the warping and soft-edging by the projectors themselves...

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 04 Sep 2013, 08:46

For extreme emergencies, you can do your shaping in V3 and import the shapes (via repository, for example) into V4, you just wont be able to edit them with the shaping tool.

Andre Bellmann

Post by Andre Bellmann » 04 Sep 2013, 08:52

OR :)

Maybe you have a Vioso license handy ?? Christian from Realtime Department might help you out ....

Cheers and congrats for the great Energetix Launch with Ventuz4 and Director !!

André

joysprod

Post by joysprod » 05 Sep 2013, 21:39

Im a little confused on a few parts of the screen shaping. Not certain if negative space between outputs is supported at the moment. It does not require blend or shape, but I am confused.

1) In version 3 you would make a couple of custom render layouts in the Project properties. I would make a design and a production set up and when making a VPR make certain I was on the correct one before saving. Do I still need to make custom layouts or is all of that accomplished by the Configuration Editor.

In version 4, a design and production setting are already in the Stage Editor. Selecting Production Preview gives me exactly what I require in the renderer window. Exporting this to a VPR however always give me the Design Preview look showing the negative space mullions. Am I missing something?

2) When configuring a single machine 4 monitor setup, I see that it takes 4 passes when using negative space between the monitors, but only 1 pass if all screens are butted together.
Passes.jpg
What exactly does the passes mean? Is this less efficient than the V3 way of doing it with 4 shape surfaces and a render target?

Regards

Peter

LK Holger

Post by LK Holger » 06 Sep 2013, 13:20

@Peter: for your first issue, it's true that selecting Design or Production View does not effect the Presentation Output. But i i always get the PRODUCTION setup in my VPR, what is exactly what the setup is supposed to do, i think. The DESIGN preview is only necessary during the, well, design phase :-)

Concerning the second issue, i'd would be really interesting how the setup is handled in detail. If i find the time, i'll run some performance tests and post the results. Or maybe a staff member could give some infos?

Karol

Post by Karol » 06 Sep 2013, 16:58

Hi!

The blue 'passes' show the areas of continuous rendering:
http://www.ventuz.com/support/help/late ... erformance

Cheers!
Karol

joysprod

Post by joysprod » 08 Sep 2013, 10:46

I realise now why I wasn't seeing the Production layout in my VPR. It was because my machine ID was still set at 0, and should of been set to 1. That's now working fine, and I am seeing what I am expecting in my VPR.

My question still not answered regarding passes. Do these have the same 'hit' on rendering as using multiple Render Target passes?

Peter