Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

license

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

chriss0212

license

Post by chriss0212 » 07 Aug 2013, 06:36

i didn't get the new license model:

cluster: in ventuz3 it was already a feature. if we upgrade to v4...it is an option we neeed to pay extra or only if we buy a new lic?
options: do i need them only for the designer but not for the runtime?

greetz

christian

ErikB

Re: license

Post by ErikB » 07 Aug 2013, 09:46

There are NO compatibility restrictions between options. If you design a scene in a designer without an option, it will run fine in a runtime with the option. E.G. if you build a scene in a designer without an SDI output (using GPU as normally), it will run correctly on a runtime that outputs to SDI - you just wont be able to verfiy that everything looks 100% when output on SDI until it is on the runtime!

For upgrade questions, please contact sales directly.

Andre Bellmann

Post by Andre Bellmann » 07 Aug 2013, 10:35

Christian

Sorry for not being clear enough.

cluster: in ventuz3 it was already a feature. if we upgrade to v4...it is an option we neeed to pay extra or only if we buy a new lic?
Correct ! within an upgrade from V3 Presenter to V4 Runtime we add the cluster option for free as you would otherwise loose an existing feature. Same for Designer upgrades.

options: do i need them only for the designer but not for the runtime?
The V4 Designer already comes with the cluster option as well as with the runtime option. So also here no changes to Ventuz 3

You actually just need the cluster option for new V4 Runtimes you buy if the runtime is supposed to be part of a cluster or you want to use multiple graphic boards.

kanter18

Post by kanter18 » 07 Aug 2013, 15:48

I can't install Ventuz 4, Nothing happens after (maybe) 90% of install.
I'm waiting since One hour...
Attachments
Untitled.jpg

Thomas

Post by Thomas » 07 Aug 2013, 16:27

Extracting the files is less than a minute.
Maybe your download is not ok.

I would try a new download.
Ventuz4 needs DotNet Framework 4.5. It would be better to install (and updating it) first.

kanter18

Post by kanter18 » 07 Aug 2013, 16:51

My download is OK, and Framework is ok..
Dońt Know..

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 08 Aug 2013, 11:38

There are a few issues I sometimes have. Open the installer exe properties and check at the bottom maybe you have to "unblock" the file as it came from another computer. i would also launch as administrator (from the right mouse click context menu) and make sure the file is not on C:\root or the desktop. some antivirus applications or domain restrictions prohibit running exe files from those locations.

allen hyoga

Post by allen hyoga » 09 Aug 2013, 04:32

How to active ventuz 4 ?
Do I need input the same previous info(name,company,email) in ventuz3 ? How about the license?
Thx

Regards
Allen

chriss0212

Post by chriss0212 » 09 Aug 2013, 07:38

hi allen

are you talking about the ple or pro designer?......but both needs to be registered with the requested properties

greetz

christian

allen hyoga

Post by allen hyoga » 09 Aug 2013, 09:15

Thanks,Chirs.
Yes,I want to update my Ventuz designer to Ventuz4 pro and I have 6 dongles but I lost some keys(forget the package)... So I have no idea about the license to use ? to request new or use old ?

Regards
AllenH