Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Edgeblending improvements

Post requests for new features to this forum group. Any suggestion to expand the possibilities of Ventuz are welcome.

Moderator: Support

Kobbi

Edgeblending improvements

Post by Kobbi » 24 Feb 2012, 18:12

Hi Ventuz,
regarding to my discussion with Erik at ISE it should be right time to ask for soft edge improvements:) There are my suggestions:

1) most important is to have a possibility to control RGB channels separately for the fade curve
2) because it is almost impossible to correct projectors colors (if they are not from barco:)) it would be great to have a possibility to correct RGB channels for output at shape surface somehow
3) would be nice if ventuz would automatically correct 2D mapping of shape textures according to soft edge width. Now it is nescersary to do it manually with custom test patterns added to project.

Best regards,
Kobbi - xlab

ErikB

Re: Edgeblending improvements

Post by ErikB » 27 Feb 2012, 13:50

Thanks, feedback appreciated!

You will need to have a bit more patience, but it is definitely on the list, and any input is welcome!

chriss0212

Post by chriss0212 » 28 Feb 2012, 19:35

hig kobbi

i think there is no need to have adjustable rgb rorrection for soft edge projections....if you adjust your overall image with gray steps or whatever a "normal" alpha correction for the blending should be enough! but of course for this you need professional projectors...but to be onest....i would allways try to avoid softedge projections with consumer projectors! ALL proffessional projectors have at minumum a 3 color correction for black level and white level! some of them (and also barco) more!

greetz

chriss

Kobbi

Post by Kobbi » 28 Feb 2012, 20:36

Hi Chriss,
of course it is as you say:) If projectors are precisely corrected in grayscale the blending is good.
But this is the reason why i'm thinking of using Vatchout in combination with Ventuz... They have all those features i've said and more others. We have a strong competition with Vatchout in Czech and if it gets on blending... They are much faster and cleaner. And it is because they have those possibilities. I know quite many of Vatchout operators and if we meet at some projects and they see how we are strugeling with projectors they always say just do that and you are done... but it is not possible with Ventuz:(
There is absolutely no doubt that Ventuz is somethink different. It is more than great for content creation. It is flexible and fast and can be used for every event from bussines presentation to concerts. But for blending there is a better tool and this is why i'm asking for those features.

Kobbi

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 29 Feb 2012, 12:08

Watchout/Pandoras Box, etc are all very good at edge blending, simply because that was their main focus for so long. We implemented the tools needed to get the job done and to make sure that you can do what you need to be able to do, but I think we can easily get to a different level by investing a bit of time into optimizing the workflow and adding a few controls. Since this is something that people do a lot of with Ventuz, it makes sense for us to put some more thought into it.

Ideally, we'd like to not just copy what others do, but try and figure out how we can make it better, especially within a Ventuz paradigm. However, we do need to understand if and where we are lacking, and if others have tools or solutions that really make life easier, that helps us think about the problem.

So by all means - fire away.

Kobbi

Post by Kobbi » 29 Feb 2012, 15:45

Hi Erik,
that is exactly what i meant. I'm not complaining at Ventuz, it is GREAT and the progres is visible for those years. But this is one of small thinks (small for user) that would make Ventuz supergreat and my life easier:)

Kobbi

chriss0212

Post by chriss0212 » 05 Jul 2012, 07:23

hi all

vioso is working on a new anyblend version! at the moment i am trying the first beta....very promising! exclusiv fullscreen is allready working!

greetz

christian

pyrrr

Post by pyrrr » 06 Jul 2012, 11:00

if i understood your problem right - i might have a solution for it