Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

FadeIn/Out object with HLSL or Alpha Blending used

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

anebo

FadeIn/Out object with HLSL or Alpha Blending used

Post by anebo » 14 Jun 2015, 10:33

Hi there,
I want to ask You if there is a way to fadeIn/Out object with parrent Alpha node and using alpha blending node/hlsl shader at the same time.

In the attached example are shown two ways I am currently using to multiply two textures together:
1. Using the HLSL shader found in this thread http://forum.ventuz.com/viewtopic.php?f ... iply#p4729
2. Using Alpha Blending node to set alpha information based on color of texture image

Both of them are working fine unless I am using alpha node (1,2) on the top of hierarchy to make fades. But when I do it always makes 0/100 step so the object is not fading at all. That is kind of frustrating.

The reasons I need find the solution:
- I want to avoid use of QT RGBA animation movs which are really huge and sinks ventuz into lower frame rates. (Most of Our Scenes are multilayered with need of blending)
- I want to apply HLSL shaders on Live Video feeds (ie adjust Live video Contrast/saturation/multiply them etc.)

Any advice or workarrounds will be appreciated. Thanks :)
Attachments
ventuz-ab-hlsl-fade-quest.png