Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

How to realize the movie synchronization?

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

chowjpin

How to realize the movie synchronization?

Post by chowjpin » 07 Jan 2015, 13:00

Here I have a scene, 4 X 3 screen, 3 computers, W9000. graphics
The discovery of video in the VPR, when across computers, video playback time is different, how to solve this problem?

How to make the 3 computers play a unified point of time.? thx!

Daniel Willer

Re: How to realize the movie synchronization?

Post by Daniel Willer » 12 Jan 2015, 17:23

Hi there,

The start of the VPR file is not synchronized across the ventuz cluster so you are not allowed to set the MovieClip to autoplay mode. Instead of autoplay you have to trigger the play event on all machines in the same frame. Just use OSC nodes to trigger the movie play event from the master only or trigger the play from a Keyframe Animation node because that one is synchronized via the Clusterclock.
Building applications for a cluster of machines is a little bit tricky we plan to write a dedicated Usermanual page on that topic where we explain the most common cases and how to solve them.

Stay tuned
Daniel

torstenb

Re: How to realize the movie synchronization?

Post by torstenb » 26 Jan 2015, 17:47

hey guys!

any news on this topic? i'm interested in synching cluster machines and videofiles as well.

regards

torsten