Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

SQL Query Stored Procedure

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Nicklt

SQL Query Stored Procedure

Post by Nicklt » 15 Apr 2014, 11:36

Hi guys,

I'm building a data driven presentation at the moment and some of the database tables I would like to return are using stored procedures. Have not had any luck getting one to work at the moment though, so thought Id ask whether or not the SQL Query Object supports providing a Stored Procedure Name to execute the query.

Cheers
Nick

Daniel Willer

Re: SQL Query Stored Procedure

Post by Daniel Willer » 06 May 2014, 10:52

Hi there,

I guess we never tried out by ourselves. I will write a Ticket do a test for it. Do have a simple example that shows the probleme.

Regards
Daniel

Götz_B

Re: SQL Query Stored Procedure

Post by Götz_B » 16 May 2014, 13:18

Hi,

i did some tests with Stored Procedures and our Query Nodes. It works fine.
In the Query itself you might have to respect the specifics of the database type or the SQL-dialect you are using. Also don't get confused by the SyntaxError Messages in the Script Editor. Hit Save&Close and check the Message Log for Errors.

I attach a small scene that uses the database from the helpscene for the Database Node.

Regards,
Götz
Attachments
DatabasePro.vza
(28.82 KiB) Downloaded 457 times