Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

How to recognize objects on a touch screen

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

allen hyoga

How to recognize objects on a touch screen

Post by allen hyoga » 17 Oct 2013, 04:22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hVnslQ0M8A
Like the dior multitouch show sample, the guide puts different dior perfume bottle on the touch screen, then the screen can recognize the bottle and response...
Is there some technology to do this ? thx for and advice : )

Allen

Christian Krix Schmidt

Re: How to recognize objects on a touch screen

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 17 Oct 2013, 07:20

That's not complicated and already fully supported and integrated in Ventuz. It uses markers that are glued to the bottom of the bottles. The touchtable is probably from MultiTaction. Their screens are really good. Using the Ventuz TouchMarker node you can easily identify the bottles and the marker tracking even allows movement and rotation as seen in the video.

allen hyoga

Post by allen hyoga » 17 Oct 2013, 09:53

Hi Chris, thx for your advice,

However, I was wondering what is the communication protocol between makers( glued to the bottom of bottle) and touch screen? RFID? or a camera projector touch screen to recognize the QR-code or some other ways...I really need a kind of hardware(touch screen) to make real :P

Allen

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 17 Oct 2013, 10:02

It's camera based. And the protocol is TUIO. At least for Multitaction. And you can cascade those. Their cell products have a really narrow bezel. Creating a touch videowall or touch table out of those is pretty neat.

allen hyoga

Post by allen hyoga » 17 Oct 2013, 10:27

Thank you.
Sounds like Mircosoft surface table (generation 1).

Allen

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 26 Oct 2013, 18:10

It is, in fact exactly the same as the SUR40 table (the table formerly known as Microsoft Surface). Ventuz will take the Marker output from TUIO and drive either the Marker node or the Ripple node.

I will say though that the only touchscreens which really support Fiducials well that I know of are the Multitaction screens.

If you have some other system, such as RFID or whatever, and can get the information into TUIO as Marker IDs, then Ventuz will support it out of the box as well.

-E