Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

How do I Update a Live Presentation via XML?

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

ToddDurant

How do I Update a Live Presentation via XML?

Post by ToddDurant » 07 Aug 2013, 15:57

Hi, I am currently running the PLE Ventuz3 version. I have a show setup that is linked to an XML file. While the scene is open in Designer, I can make changes to the XML and see the changes in my scene. However when I export the scene as a Presentation, any changes to the XML have no affect on my scene. Is this a limitation of the PLE version or is it an overall Ventuz limitation? I am trying to dynamically change text and textures during a live show/presentation. I am evaluating this software for my company and it would greatly affect our decision to purchase a full license(s). Thanks!

Todd

Thomas

Re: How do I Update a Live Presentation via XML?

Post by Thomas » 07 Aug 2013, 21:48

You have to use the URL-Node. Switch off "persistant", put the .xml-file (in my case it was test.xml) into a path (for example) at \user\test\test.xml and use "Scheme" -> User.
Bind "File" of the XML-File-Node to the URL-Node by using URI. Export the scene.
As long as your test.xml is within the path \user\test\test.xml (on any Computer) the presentation is picking up the content live.
You can change the content just as you like, Ventuz will update immediately.
More specific informations you will find in Ventuz Help, search for URL-Node or put the URL-Node into Content-Editor, mark it with the mouse, Press F1 and chose the interactive example.

Hope this will help,
Tom

ToddDurant

Re: How do I Update a Live Presentation via XML?

Post by ToddDurant » 08 Aug 2013, 12:17

Thank you so much Tom! Your instructions worked perfectly.