Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Alpha fade out problem

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

nils_jansen

Alpha fade out problem

Post by nils_jansen » 17 Jul 2013, 12:04

Hey,
I`d like to fade out a lot of nodes and geometries by putting an alpha node before the rest. But while fading out the alpha value, I can see through the objects. How can I fade down the alpha value so it fades to the background and doesnt allow to see through all the objects?

chriss0212

Re: Alpha fade out problem

Post by chriss0212 » 17 Jul 2013, 12:40

you need to render all of these nodes into a rendertarget...and now fade just the rendertarget

greetz

christian

nils_jansen

Post by nils_jansen » 08 Aug 2013, 10:39

Thank you for your reply.
The problem is, I`ve got an earth model with multiple semitransparent hulls. Its in a slide and the background is outside of this slide in the background world.
If I use a rendertarget, the result looks different, probably because the transparency calculations dont include the background color, since it is not one of the objects that are behind the render target.
What can I do, to make it look like it does without a rendertarget?

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 08 Aug 2013, 11:45

Check the Texture Node which is bound to the render target and set the Shading Property to NoAlpha.