Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Binding Keyframe Values to XML File?

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

ToddDurant

Binding Keyframe Values to XML File?

Post by ToddDurant » 09 Jul 2013, 18:13

Hi, I am just learning Ventuz, and I would like to bind the value of a keyframe to an external data source, like an xml file. I don't see the same options with the Keyframe Node's Value property as I do with other nodes. Thanks!

Daniel Willer

Re: Binding Keyframe Values to XML File?

Post by Daniel Willer » 10 Jul 2013, 09:57

Hey there welcome to the Ventuz forum :D.
Unfortunately there is no way to bind a keyframe value. If you want to do so you need to animate with the interpolation nodes i.e the Linear Node.

Cheers!

Alok pandey

Post by Alok pandey » 29 Jul 2013, 14:23

Hi everyone...............................
i wish to make a custom node with functions like the GT_Particle_Lite pack can anyone tell me how to make a custom node in ventuz with my own custom defined functions....... :?:

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 30 Jul 2013, 07:18

It is quite simple. You need a Container node. There are two nodes. A Hierarchy Container which can be used in the scene hierarchy like any other Hierarchy node and the Content Container node which can only be used in the Content Editor. Most of the time you will use a Hierarchy Container node so let's use this one as an example.

Add a Hierarchy Container node to your scene

Double Click the left side of the node on the small rectangle to "enter" the container

Add an Axis node to the Hierarchy inside this Container. Delete the Output node. (You would need this node if you want to place any node after the Container node later on.)

Expose the PositionX property by double clicking on the small square left of the property in the Property Editor. It will turn green. This will pass the property up to the Container. The Expose Attributes dialog opens automatically. Uncheck the Inherit flag for the Name and change the name from PositionX to MyProperty. Press OK.

Open the RightMouseButton Context Menu of the Node and select Icon->Expose

Now leave the Container by double clicking the left arrow at the top left of the Container.

Your Container node now has the icon of the Axis and one property called MyProperty.

You can seal the Container using the RightMouseButton Context Menu to block third party access to the node. If you do so, your node will look and behave liek any other Ventuz node.

You can put ANYTHING in a Container, even complex scenes. You can create custom properties, icons and so forth. Read the manual for more information about Containers and Exposing.