Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

In animation ,can I decide a certain state been shown

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

zhaohuifu

In animation ,can I decide a certain state been shown

Post by zhaohuifu » 27 Jun 2013, 07:43

hi to all,
I met a problem .for example ,in a animation with many states,I wonder could I control which state to show when the animation begin,not the first state.
in the outputs property of animation , I can see "state,CurrentID,StartID,TargetID",does this has any differences?

Best regard!

Christian Krix Schmidt

Re: In animation ,can I decide a certain state been shown

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 27 Jun 2013, 09:34

The easiest solution would probably be changing the Being state. Select a state in the Animation Editor. Press B to make this one a Begin state. Select the original Begin state and press N for normal and it will become a regular state. Now when you reset the Animation it will be reset to the new State. This also works with P for Present and E for End. You can also change that in the Property Editor.

Daniel Willer

Re: In animation ,can I decide a certain state been shown

Post by Daniel Willer » 27 Jun 2013, 09:39

There are so called StateTypes visualized by the color of the States. To change them select a state and go to the Properties Editor to change the StateType.
Your animation will always start at the BeginDefault state (the green one) so to change the start of your animation simply change the BeginDefault state.
Check the UserManual for further info.