Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Reflection problem

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

allen hyoga

Reflection problem

Post by allen hyoga » 27 Jun 2013, 05:12

Hi,is there a way to make a blur reflection for an object?As far as I known,the shader(including HLSL) node just works on texture,so I can not blur the edge of model.There is sample made by 2Rise below.How to make this kind of shadow ?
Attachments
shadow.jpg

Christian Krix Schmidt

Re: Reflection problem

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 27 Jun 2013, 05:57

Render the model a second time, mirrored because it's a reflection of course, in a RenderTarget. Display that RT with a Simple Blur node and an OverlayRectangle and you can blur your reflection as much as you want. You might have to select NoAlpha from the Texture Shading Options or use a Viewport node in the RT to adjust the background color. But that is just for tweaking.

allen hyoga

Post by allen hyoga » 27 Jun 2013, 06:21

Christian Krix Schmidt wrote:Render the model a second time, mirrored because it's a reflection of course, in a RenderTarget. Display that RT with a Simple Blur node and an OverlayRectangle and you can blur your reflection as much as you want. You might have to select NoAlpha from the Texture Shading Options or use a Viewport node in the RT to adjust the background color. But that is just for tweaking.
Hi Chris,thanks for ur advice.It is great!
An successful snapshot :P
Attachments
r.jpg

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 27 Jun 2013, 09:31

You are most welcome.