Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

OSC input problem

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

nomada86

OSC input problem

Post by nomada86 » 15 Jun 2013, 02:02

Hello,

I´m trying to control the Z axis on a Ventuy file throughout a Incremental counter, that would make the object move back and forth depending on how the counter is turned. I manage to pack the info and send it via OSC modifying a bit the programms code, and I know it´s recieved "correctly" in Ventuz because I have an error when the Integer is to hig/low. The problem is that the counter doesn´t give negative values and I suppose this might also be a problem to move it in the axis, but neither way I would like to see if you could give me some feedback of what I´m doing wrong or how I could get it to move or recieve the info correctly. I attach a photo of the sw of the counter, on the back you can see also the code used to pack into a bundle the counter info and send it to the "/COUNTER" variable I´ve created, and also a screenshot of the workbench I´m trying to work with.
Thanks in advance.
Attachments
img2.jpg
img.jpg

Daniel Willer

Re: OSC input problem

Post by Daniel Willer » 19 Jun 2013, 09:05

Hey there it would be much easier if you would post a little sample scene.
At first view I would say you should enable the ValueMonitoring in the PropertieEditor (The tiny button on the top-right corner) to see the changes of the values and then send values to check the OSC connection. Regarding to the counter I do not get the need of the counter node and for me it looks like you have the Osc Message bound to the Forward method of the counter but its hard to get wihout an example :D

chriss0212

Re: OSC input problem

Post by chriss0212 » 20 Jun 2013, 06:30

hi

first as daniel,said: remove counter and mover....you can bind the values direct to the axis!

next: for me it seems that you send osc to a specific ip...but in ventuz you configure your ip to a broadcast adress?! both needs to be the same!

greetz

christian