Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Problem in crossing overlay texture

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

allen hyoga

Problem in crossing overlay texture

Post by allen hyoga » 07 Jun 2013, 06:02

As we known,the experience in making a big scence which includes lots of buildings and plants, we use the cross piece to do a Tree,to do lots of trees.However,there are different between ventuz and 3dmax.The texture with alpha channel will be exposed when crossing other texture, so the tree looks flaw very much...but in 3dmax everything is OK.Do you konw how to make a flawless tree in ventuz ?

thanks for any advice.
AllenH
Attachments
tree.vza
(1004.07 KiB) Downloaded 331 times
face broken.jpg

Daniel Willer

Re: Problem in crossing overlay texture

Post by Daniel Willer » 07 Jun 2013, 09:47

The problem ou have is the drawing order. Unfortunatley there is no way in Ventuz to change the drawing order in the hierarchy dynamic but there is a Z-Sort node in the World category that should fix your problemes.

Cheers!

gabrielefx

Post by gabrielefx » 07 Jun 2013, 14:45

billboards is the answer.
in some cases I use it a lot with Forest Pack Pro in Max, specially when I put people billboards
For trees it's better to use few polys 3d models, you can navigate the model from the top.

Would be nice to have a scatter node in Ventuz. Probably exists but I didn't found it.

allen hyoga

Post by allen hyoga » 08 Jun 2013, 04:24

Hi, All.Thanks,the way(z-sort) you recommended works!
There is just a little inconvenient to make separate tree(with mesh) again in Ventuz even if I rendered the whole AO texture for the scene in 3D max. However,I can solve my problem. : )